Fashion Makeup Style

has been moved to new address

http://www.fashion-makeup-style.info

Sorry for inconvenience...

Fashion Makeup Style: Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles in Night Sky Review

September 5, 2010

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles in Night Sky Review

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow Singles in Night Sky Review

I found this on my search for a good matte black. I had been using Rimmel London's “Dark Angel” palette, but the black in said palette was more of a dark grey and it had quite a bit of shimmer. Good color, I love it, but it just didn't work for everything.

Then I say this. I had gone in with the intention of buying an L'Oreal HIP pigment but I am mortally afraid of expensive or long lasting makeup, so I quickly skedaddled away from the HIP into the Maybelline section. The first color that caught my eye was the Antique Jade, which is a very pretty, green, high pearl eyeshadow that, when layered, gives you the look of a june bug's wings, and then Night Sky.

This is a pretty intense black after only a little bit of application with a makeup brush. (I don't use applicators. They get trashed very quickly.) I attempted to do a smokey black and purple look and looked like someone had given me a black eye. This was a mis-judgement on my part, seeing how intense this black is. Luckily, I layered a tiny bit of the green on top and voila! Goodbye scary black faux black eyes!

However, at the suggestion of someone else, I tried using this as an eyeliner. It worked great on my bottom waterline. Didn't move an inch. I may try tightlining with it at some point, but for now I'm still a bit weary about having an eyeliner brush so close to my eye.

Labels: , , , ,